ORHub Inc Privacy Statement
Last Updated: December 2018
Your privacy is important to us. This privacy statement explains the personal data ORHub collects, how ORHub processes it, and for what purposes. Personal data is any type of data that can be used to directly or indirectly identify an individual (data subject). Some examples of personal data are name, picture, phone number, address (which enable direct identification), as well as IP address or user name (which enable indirect identification).
ORHub offers perioperative analytic product(s), to be used by medical professionals in a hospital and/or ambulatory surgical center environment. References to ORHub product(s) in this statement include ORHub services, websites, apps, and software.
Please read the details in this privacy statement as it applies to the interactions ORHub has with you and the ORHub product(s).
If you have a privacy concern, complaint, or question for the ORHub Privacy Officer, please send us an email at email@example.com.
Information we collect
ORHub collects data from you, through our interactions with you and through our product(s). You provide some of this data directly, and we get some of it by collecting data about your interactions, use, and experiences with our product(s). The data we collect is dependent on the context of your interactions with ORHub, including the product(s) and features you use.
You can choose the data you share. When we ask you to provide personal data, you can decline, however, our product(s) require some personal data to provide you with a service. If you choose not to provide data necessary to for us to provide you with a product or feature, you cannot use that product or feature. Likewise, where we need to collect personal data by law or to enter into or carry out a contract with you, and you do not provide the data, we will not be able to enter into the contract. If this relates to an existing ORHub product you’re using, we may have to suspend or cancel it. We will notify you if this is the case if/when this occurs. Where providing the data is optional, and you choose not to share personal data, features that use such data will not perform for you.
ORHub Surgical Spotlight:
When a customer tries, purchases, uses, or subscribes to ORHub Surgical Spotlight or obtains support for or professional services with such product(s), ORHub collects data to provide the service (including uses compatible with providing the service), provide the user best experiences with our product(s), operate our business, and communicate with the customer. Please see the following examples.
- When a customer engages with an ORHub sales representative, we collect the customer’s name and contact information, along with information about the customer’s organization, and job role to support that engagement.
- When a customer interacts with an ORHub support professional, we collect the customer’s name and contact information, along with information about the customer’s organization, and usage data or error reports to diagnose and resolve problems.
- When a customer pays for product(s), we collect contact and payment data to process the payment.
- When ORHub sends communications to a customer, we use data to personalize the content of the communication.
- When a customer engages with ORHub for professional services, we collect their name and contact information and use the information provided by the customer to perform the services that the customer has requested.
- ORHub will not collect or store Personal Health Information (PHI) for its Surgical Spotlight product. Any PHI given to ORHub is a result of user error; it will be permanently deleted upon discovery. Any PHI exchanged with ORHub will be done according to our Business Associates Agreement (BAA). ORHub is not liable for any PHI they receive.
- Search and artificial intelligence product(s) connect you with information and provides recommendations to intelligently sense, process, and act on information.
How we use personal data
ORHub uses the data we collect to provide you with thorough, interactive experiences. In particular, we use data to:
- Provide our product(s), which includes updating, securing, and troubleshooting, as well as providing support. It also includes sharing data, when it is required to provide the service or carry out the transactions you request, as outlined below in “Reasons we share personal data”.
- Improve and develop our product(s).
- Personalize our product(s) and make recommendations.
- Advertise and market ORHub products to you, which includes sending promotional communications, targeting advertising, and presenting you with relevant offers.
- We also use the data to operate our business, which includes analyzing our performance, meeting our legal obligations, product improvements, developing our workforce, and for research purposes.
- In carrying out these purposes, we combine data we collect from different contexts (as an example, from your use of two ORHub product(s) to give you a more seamless, consistent, and personalized experience, and to make informed business decisions.
Reasons we share personal data
We share your personal data with your consent or to provide any product you have requested or authorized or to complete any transaction. We also share data with ORHub-controlled subsidiaries and affiliates; with vendors working on ORHub’s behalf; when required by law or to respond to legal process; to protect our customers; to protect lives; to maintain the security of our product(s); and to protect the rights and property of ORHub and its customers.
Cookies and similar technologies
We also use “web beacons” to help deliver cookies and obtain usage and performance data. ORHub may include web beacons, cookies, or similar technologies from third-party service providers.
Security of personal data
ORHub is committed to protecting the security of your personal data. We use a variety of security technologies and procedures to help protect your personal data from unauthorized access, use, or disclosure. We store the personal data you provide on computer systems that have limited access and are in controlled facilities. When we transmit confidential data (such as a payment information, proprietary hospital records, etc) over the internet, we protect it by using encryption. ORHub complies with applicable data protection laws, including applicable security breach notification laws.
Where we store and process personal data
Personal data collected by ORHub may be stored and processed in the United States. We take steps to ensure that the data we collect under this privacy statement is processed according to the provisions of this statement and the requirements of applicable law wherever the data is located.
Our retention of personal data
ORHub retains personal data for as long as necessary to provide the products and fulfill the transactions you have requested, or for other legitimate purposes such as complying with our legal obligations, resolving disputes, and enforcing our agreements.
In the event ORHub is subject to a legal, contractual, or similar obligation to retain or delete the data, we will do so, as we are required by law to remove the unlawful content. Examples can include mandatory data retention laws in the applicable jurisdiction, government orders to preserve data relevant to an investigation, or data retained for the purposes of litigation.
Product(s) provided by your organization—notice to end users
If you use an ORHub product or use an email address to access ORHub product(s) and that product or email address was provided by an organization you are affiliated with, that organization can:
- Control and administer your ORHub product and product account, including controlling privacy-related settings of the product or product account.
- Access and process your data, including the interaction data, diagnostic data, and the contents of your communications and files associated with your ORHub product and product accounts.
- If you lose access to your work account (in event of change of employment, for example), you may lose access to product(s) and the content associated with those product(s), including those you acquired on your own behalf, if you used your work account to sign in to such product(s).
- ORHub product(s) are intended for use by organizations, such as hospitals and ambulatory surgical centers. If your organization provides you with access to ORHub product(s), your use of the ORHub product(s) is subject to your organization’s policies, if any. You should direct your privacy inquiries, including any requests to exercise your data protection rights, to your organization’s administrator. ORHub is not responsible for the privacy or security practices of our customers, which may differ from those set forth in this privacy statement.
With an ORHub account, you can sign in to ORHub product(s) by using credentials issued to you by your organization. Personal data associated with your ORHub account includes credentials, name and contact information, usage data, and information about your activities. Signing in to your ORHub account enables personalization and consistent experiences across product(s) and permits you to use cloud data storage.
Changes to this privacy statement
We update this privacy statement when necessary to provide greater transparency or in response to:
- Feedback from customer, regulators, industry, or other stakeholders.
- Changes in our products.
- Changes in our data processing activities or policies.
When we post changes to this statement, we will revise the “last updated” date at the top of the statement. If there are material changes to the statement, such as a change to the purposes of processing of personal data that is not consistent with the purpose for which it was originally collected, we will notify you either by prominently posting a notice of such changes before they take effect or by directly sending you a notification. We encourage you to periodically review this privacy statement to learn how ORHub is protecting your information.